High Performance Extrusion Melt Unit
- The versatile Slautterback® KB20 Melt Unit supplies hotmelt adhesive for a wide range of manual and automatic packaging and product assembly operations. The Slautterback® KB20 holds up to 20 pounds (9Kilograms) of hotmelt in pillow, pellet, slab or bulk form.
The unique tank shape concentrates heat at the bottom while maintaining cooler temperatures at the top. This minimizes adhesive degradation and charring which reduces pump, hose and nozzle plugging. A powerful electric motor with a positive displacement gear pump pressurizes and feeds adhesive through heated hoses to handguns or automatic applicators.
- All electric models operate from 100-230v AC power sources
- No compressed air, reduces maintenance costs and downtime
- 1360W for fast warm-up and continuous melting
- Finned melt grid in tank bottom increases adhesive melt rate
- No rotary pump seals on pump shaft to cause leaking problems
- Pump rates up to 120 LB/hr (55kg/hr) for high performance
- fan-cooled 86 rpm motor for low maintenance and long life
- Reliable, smooth output gear pump handles a wide range of materials with viscosity's to 70,000 centipoise
- Pressures up to 800 PSI for increased pattern precision
- Convenient hardwire connections to pattern controllers
- Hookups for two handguns or up to four automatic applicators
- Choice of fixed thermostat or microprocessor temperature controllers